This Psalm is ascribed to David and is outside the number. When
he slew Goliath in single combat. 
- Little was I among my brethren a younger brother in my father's house.
- My hands, they made an instrument of music : my fingers, they prepared a psaltery.
- And who shall bring back tidings to my master? : the LORD Himself, Himself gives ear.
- Himself sent forth His messenger and took me from among my father's sheep; and with the oil of His anointing He anointed me.
- Comely my brethren were and tall and yet they found not favour with the Lord.
- But I, I sallied forth to meet the alien : and he reviled me by all his idols.
- But I drew forth the sword that was beside him : I cut his head off with it, and from the sons of Israel removed reproach.
This heading is that given in the Septuagint.