- Lab 2: Kernel Module and Makefile
Tasks for today:
- Write a kernel module
- Write a Makefile to automate the building process
- Take a snapshot before we begin.
- A basic kernel module that interacts with user level program
- After create_proc_entry(), a new file created. Where is it? Is it a real file?
- Add a new file operation: read()
- How do we know what parameters ioctl()/read() takes?
- Linux cross reference: http://lxr.linux.no/
- Add a new file operation: write()
- Operate on the file from shell
- Why do we need a Makefile
- Basic Syntax:
Author: Zhuoqun (Tom) Cheng.