Nithin Mahendra Varma
Department of Computer Science
I am a fourth year PhD student working with Dr. Sofya Raskhodnikova in the Algorithms and Theory Group at the Department of Computer Science, College of Arts and Sciences, Boston University. I am broadly interested in research in Algorithms, with a focus on Sublinear algorithms, Streaming algorithms and Graph algorithms.
I completed the first three years of my PhD (2014 - 2017) at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in the Pennsylvania State University, advised by Dr. Sofya Raskhodnikova. Before joining Penn State, I completed my Master's degree (2011 - 2014) from the
School of Technology and Computer Science at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India, where I worked with Dr. Kavitha Telikepalli. I obtained by B.Tech. degree (2007 - 2011) from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
My most recent CV (last updated in April 2018) can be found here.
- Property Testing against Adversarial Erasures
@ (1) MIT, (2) Northeastern University, Boston (3) Univ. Michigan, Ann Arbor, (4) IIT Madras, India.
- Fast and Fault-Resilient Sublinear Algorithms , November 2017 @Boston University. (Slides)
- Tolerant Testing of Clustering, October 2017 @Algorithms and Theory Seminar, BU.
- Erasure-Resilient Property Testing in November 2016 @IBM Research, TJ Watson. (Slides)
- Erasure-Resilient Property Testing in July 2016 @ICALP 2016
- Erasure-Resilient Property Testing in June 2016 @HALG 2016
- Erasure-Resilient Property Testing in December 2015 @IISc, Bangalore and MSR India
- A recent breakthrough in Boolean hypercube monotonicity testing on February 20, 2015 @ CSE Theory Seminar, PSU
- Pairwise Additive Spanners on September 22, 2014 @ CSE Theory Seminar, PSU [Slides]
- Small Stretch Pairwise Spanners and D Spanners on April 25, 2014 @ Project Seminar, TIFR, Mumbai
- Small Stretch Pairwise Spanners on July 9, 2013 @ ICALP 2013, Riga
- Probabilistic Approximation of Metrics by Tree Metrics on May 17, 2013 @ Student Seminar, TIFR, Mumbai
- Bin Packing via Discrepancy of Permutations on March 18, 2013 @ Theory Reading Group, TIFR, Mumbai
- A Lower Bound for Additive Spanners on November 9, 2012 @ Student Seminar, TIFR, Mumbai
- A Randomised Linear Time Algorithm to find MSTs @ Course Seminar, TIFR, Mumbai
- Email : nvarma "at" bu.edu