Ping HuPhD Student
Computer Science, Boston University
About MeI am a first-year PhD student in the Image and Video Computing (IVC) Group at Boston University, advised by Prof. Kate Saenko and Prof. Stan Sclaroff . From 2016 to 2018, I spent two years at Nanyang Technoloigical University as a research student and worked with Dr. Gang Wang and Prof. Yap-peng Tan, with a focus on image segmentation and 3D vision. Prior to this, I worked with Prof. Weiqiang Wang in the China Academy of Sciences, where I received my Master's degree.
- [2018/09/01] Start my new journey in Boston.
- Ping Hu, Gang Wang, Xiangfei Kong, Jason Kuen, Yap-peng Tan. "Motion-Guided Cascaded Refinement Network for Video Object Segmentation". IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2018. [PDF] [Code]
- Ping Hu, Gang Wang, Yap-peng Tan. "Recurrent Spatial Pyramid CNN for Optical Flow Estimation". IEEE Trans. on Multimedia (T-MM), 2018. [PDF]
- Ping Hu, Bing Shuai, Jun Liu, Gang Wang. "Deep Level Sets for Salient Object Detection". IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017. [PDF]
- Jun Liu, Gang Wang, Ping Hu, Ling-Yu Duan, Alex C. Kot. "Global Context-Aware Attention LSTM Networks for 3D Action Recognition". IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017. [PDF]
- Ping Hu, Weiqiang Wang, Chi Zhang, Ke Lu. "Detecting Salient Objects via Color and Texture Compactness Hypotheses". IEEE Trans. on Image Processing (T-IP), 2016. [PDF]
- Ping Hu, Weiqiang Wang, Ke Lu. "An Novel Binarization Approach for Text in Images". IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2015. [PDF]
- Ping Hu, Weiqiang Wang, Ke Lu. "Detecting Salient Objects via Spatial and Appearance Compactness Hypotheses". ACM Multimedia, 2015. [PDF]
- Ping Hu, Weiqiang Wang, Ke Lu. "Video Text Detection with Text Edges and Convolutional Neural Network". Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2015. [PDF]
- Reviewer for T-MM, SPL, CVPR, ACCV
- Internship at TuSimple.