My Resume (pdf)
April7 Inc., Software Company; Seoul, Korea
Intern Software Engineer (Summer 2011)
- Followed the software process: preliminary design, detailed design, code, and unit test.
- Utilized MySQL Workbench to create UML design, implemented the software in Eclipse and tracked software issues in Track.
- Designed user interface for an online dating website/mobile app, which is currently used by 250,000 people.
- (example: feedback page)
Image and Video Computing Group, Boston University
- Master Thesis: Integrating Computer Vision Techniques into a Touch Pad System
download PPT (you can also find demo videos in this PPT)
- Developed a touch pad system based on user studies I ran to improve the current state of art methods for collecting annotations.
- Developed a music player with a touch pad system that detects people's faces, recognizes facial expressions, and plays music according to their moods.
- Designed and developed in Java the user interface for a segmentation analysis.
- Researched and implemented evaluation methods used for segmentation algorithm analysis.
- Successfully worked in an interdisciplinary group with biologists by attending meetings and running user studies on them to learn their requirements.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Publication:
- D. Gurari, S. Kim, E. Yang, B. Eisenberg, T. Pham, A. Purwada, P. Solski, M. Walker, J. Y. Wong, and M. Betke. STAGE: A Framework for Reliably Analyzing the Performance of Computer Vision Algorithms. [Accepted to WACV 2013, "Best Paper" Awarded]
- Presentation of Danna Gurari, the first author: download MOV (right-click)
Hand Paint: Image and Video Computing
- Gesture Recognition program, developed with C++ (Visual Studio) and openCV.
- Enables people to draw with their hands in open space and display drawings on a screen.
- For the final report, click here
- To watch the result video, download wmv
Social Networking Service (SNS) customized for Hanyang University
- SNS suitable for school community, developed with CakePHP and HTML (Eclipse).
- Supports real-time, on-line class discussions.
Simlulators: Queuing Systems / Semaphores
- All developed with Java (Eclipse).
- Implemented M/M/1, M/M/1/K, M/D/1 simulators.
- Implemented Mutex systems with Semaphores.
- For above systems, implemented various schedulers including FCFS (and other priorities), Round Robin, and Fscan.
Simple Animations: Computer Graphics
- Developed with Java (Eclipse) and JOGL (Java version of openGL).
- Moving objects with flipping body parts in a 3D tank, eating falling food.
- To watch the video, download wmv
Spam Filter: Data Mining
- Developed with Java (Eclipse).
- Implemented with Naive Bayes Algorithm and ran it on personal emails achieving 85% accuracy.
- For the report, click here (pdf)
Heap Management Tools
- Developed with C
- Implemented malloc functions using n-batched array.
- Developed with C (Linux)
- Implemented file systems for operating systems including create, open/close, read/write, seek, and delete.
- Developed with C
- Implemented various methods to manipulate frequency and amplitude in sound.
- Implemented Furier Transform methods to analyze/restore sounds.
- Implemented various methods to detect pitch and find fundamental frequency.
Related Courses Taken
- CS111: Introduction to Computer Science 1
- CS112: Introduction to Computer Science 2 (Data Structure)
- CS131: Combinatoric Structures
- CS132: Geometric Algorithms
- CS210: Computer Systems
- CS235: Algebraic Algorithms
- CS237: Probability in Computing
- CS320: Concepts of Programming Languages
- CS330: Introduction to Algorithms
- CS332: Elements of Theory of Computation
- CS350: Fundamentals of Computing Systems
- CS411: Software Engineering
- CS450: Computer Architecture
- CS455: Computer Networks
- CS512: Formal Methods (Graduate)
- CS530: Advanced Algorithms (Graduate)
- CS552: Operating Systems (Graduate)
- CS565: Data Mining (Graduate)
- CS585: Image and Video Computing (Graduate)
- CS591: Computational Audio (Graduate)
- CS680: Introduction to Computer Graphics (Graduate Level)
Last Updated by Seule Ki Kim on 01/23/2013