Hi. I'm Soham, and this is my personal webspace. I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at Boston University. I completed my M.Sc. in Computing Science from the University of Alberta and Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Technology from IIEST, Shibpur (formerly BESU).
My research interest is in the broad area of computer systems, especially real-time systems. I am currently working on timing predictability and security in real-time operating systems. I work with Prof. Rich West and our amazing group. Prof. Paul Lu and Prof. Di Niu advised me for my Master's degree. Prof. Manas Hira is the inspiration behind my graduate studies.
Obviously, I am not a celebrity; still as you've arrived here, you may explore the menu on the left side of this page. Below are some of my favourite quotes which I believe:
- "No legacy is so rich as honesty." --- Shakespeare
- "Think, think, practice thinking." --- Ritwik Ghatak
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." --- Einstein
- "It would be impossible to define 'being' as a 'presence' since 'absence' too discloses 'being', since not to be there means still to be." --- Sartre
- "Becoming a systems researcher is the journey from loving Linux to accepting or shrugging off its existence." --- a not-so-famous PhD student