How to Manage Your Time
Use planning tools
The first step in planning is figuring out how you like to plan. Do you like physical tools, or do you prefer everything online? You can even use a combination of both. Feel free to experiment to find what works for you.
- A planner is useful if you like physical methods of recording your tasks. Affordable planners can be found on Amazon.
- Google Calendar is also useful for planning because it is accessible on any internet device. Thus, you can see your plans anywhere and anytime.
- A reminder app is also useful in ensuring that you don't forget anything. These are often found free in any app stores, or are already pre-downloaded on your phone.
Take time to plan ahead
A key part in organizing your life is planning ahead. I like to plan my entire semester on my calendar, but it helps to plan at least a week in advance. This allows you to make sure you have time for everything you want to do.
- Determine what are the tasks you need to complete.
- Figure out which ones are more important than the others.
- Figure out how long each tasks take.
- Use your planning tools to place the tasks into your planning tools.
Be Reasonable When Planning
Remember that we can sometimes underestimate the amount of time we can take to complete some tasks! You may like to plan each detail of your day, or you may like to have a general guideline, but either way, leave space so you don't feel too rushed.