Teaching and Advising
[Back to Adam Smith's home page.]
Before I moved to BU:
- Spring 2017, 2012, Fall 2009, Sping 2007: (CMPSC 465) Algorithm design and analysis
- Fall 2016: Randomized Algorithms
- Spring 2016, Spring 2011, Spring 2009, Fall 2007: (CSE 546) Cryptography
- Fall 2015, 2014, 2010, 2008: (CSE 565) Algorithm
Design and Analysis (graduate)
- Spring 2015, Fall 2012, Spring 2010, Fall 2007 : (CSE 597) Data Privacy
- Fall 2011: (CSE 598D)
- Spring 2005:Short
course on database privacy at Weizmann.
Postdocs and Students
- Maryam Aliakbarpour, co-mentored with Jon Ullman, 2021-
McMillan, co-mentored with Jon Ullman, 2018-2020 (afterwards: Apple Research)
- Jalaj Upadhyay, 2015-2017 (afterwards: postdoc at Johns Hopkins,
researcher at Apple, tenure-track
at Rutgers University)
- Raef Bassily,
2012-2015 (afterwards: postdoc at UC San Diego, tenure-track at Ohio State)
- Jiayu Zhang, Ph.D. 2022. First position: Postdoc at Caltech.
- Om Thakkar, Ph.D. 2019. First position: Google.
- Ye Zhang, Ph.D. 2015. First position: Google.
Guha Thakurta, Ph.D. 2014. First position at Microsoft Research
and Stanford. Currently Research Scientist at Google.
- Megan Heysham, M.S. 2014. First position: Amazon.
- Laxman Vembar,
M.S. 2008. First position: Bloomberg.
Gopalrathnam, M.S. (Electrical Engineering)
2008. First position: Bloomberg
- S. Ranjit
Ganta, Ph.D. 2008 (co-advised with Raj
Acharya). First position: Oracle.
If you are interested in BU's graduate
program, please look at BU Computer Science
for information on admission and a description of the
program. Research assistantships are available for strong candidates
interested in working in cryptography and theory. Make sure to
indicate my name, "cryptography" or "algorithms"
prominently in your application if you want our group to consider you.
Our department receives many applications, and I cannot review all of
Last modified: Fri Nov 4 11:51:26 EDT 2022