Teaching and Advising
[Back to Adam Smith's home page.]
Before I moved to BU:
Postdocs and Students
- Audra McMillan, 2018-
- Jalaj Upadhyay, 2015-2017 (afterwards: Johns Hopkins, Apple)
- Raef Bassily, 2012-2015 (afterwards: UC San Diego, Ohio State)
- Jiayu Zhang (Ph.D.)
- Gavin Brown (Ph.D)
- Marika Swanberg (Ph.D.)
- Meghna Sengupta (Ph.D.)
- Palak Jain (Ph.D., co-mentored by Alley Stoughton and Mayank Varia)
- Om Thakkar, Ph.D. 2019. First position: Google.
- Ye Zhang, Ph.D. 2015. First position: Google.
Guha Thakurta, Ph.D. 2014. First position at Microsoft Research
and Stanford. Currently a tenure-track faculty member at UC Santa
Cruz and Research Scientist at Google.
- Megan Heysham, M.S. 2014. First position: Amazon. Currently
- Laxman Vembar,
M.S. 2008. First position at Bloomberg.
Gopalrathnam, M.S. (Electrical Engineering) 2008. Currently at Bloomberg
- S. Ranjit
Ganta, Ph.D. 2008 (co-advised with Raj
Acharya). First position at Oracle.
If you are interested in BU's graduate
program, please look at BU Computer Science
for information on admission and a description of the
program. Research assistantships are available for strong candidates
interested in working in cryptography and theory. Make sure to
indicate my name, "cryptography" or "algorithms"
prominently in your application if you want our group to consider you.
Our department receives many applications, and I cannot review all of
Last modified: Tue Jan 21 14:51:19 EST 2020